BREAKFAST: Fruit & Granola Yogurt Parfait
I’ve posted about this before, but it won’t hurt to reiterate the recipe. I make it every week because of how easy and cheap it is to put together. For this week’s, I got some new granola at Aldi–coconut chia seed, and it is delish. Plus, it’s organic and cheap! It’s really outrageous how expensive some granola can be.
What you need (1 serving):
- 2 small yogurt packs (I used Dannon Activia mixed berry and black cherry, but you can use any yogurt you prefer.)
- Small handful of berries (I used blueberries and chopped strawberries)
- Small scoop granola
What you do:
- In a small airtight jar, layer the two yogurts on top of one another.
- Top with berries and granola.
LUNCH: BBQ Ranch Chicken Bowl
This is a brand new recipe that I haven’t tried before. I threw it together based on some leftover ingredients I had from last week, and it turned out amazing! BBQ sauce and ranch are always a great combination, and you really can’t go wrong with it on chicken. I love ranch on a salad, but it is notoriously unhealthy, so by drizzling just a tad and mixing the salad with other ingredients such as rice and corn, you get the taste without all the calories.
What you need (for one serving):
- 1/2 cup pulled chicken
- 1 tsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup canned corn
- 1 cup greens of your choice (I used romaine spring mix)
- 2/3 cup brown rice
What you do:
- Cook rice according to packaging.
- In an airtight container, place chicken, corn, greens, and rice in separate sections.
- Drizzle BBQ sauce over chicken. Repeat with ranch.
When you’re ready to eat, just mix everything all together and dig in! The chicken tastes reminiscent of BBQ wings and the vegetables and rice make it quite a bit healthier! I will certainly be adding this into my rotation of meals, as it’s one that both my husband and I loved!